Saint Dominic Academy, in partnership with Saint Peter’s University, is participating in the Saint Peter’s University Program for Special Credit. This program gives SDA students the opportunity to take introductory college level courses for both high school and college credit on the Jersey City Campus of Saint Peter’s University. This campus is a short two block walk from Saint Dominic Academy. Courses are taken during normal school hours if the student schedule will allow. Students may enroll in 100 level courses in many disciplines. This opportunity is available to both juniors and seniors. A maximum of 12 college credits is allowed.
Special Features of the SPFC
- SPFC offers a wide variety of courses with the challenges of advanced and independent study, as well as an introduction to collegiate work.
- Students can participate in a variety of enrichment activities including: Academic Symposia, Performing Arts and Sporting events, Distinguished Lectures, and “Shadow a College Student for a Day.”
- Students and parents attend a workshop that addresses these topics: financial aid, the college admission process, and supporting your child in the college admission process and understanding the college experience.
- Students participating in the Program may use many of the University’s facilities, including the O’Toole Library and the computer labs.
- Students who subsequently attend Saint Peter’s University enjoy immediate advanced standing. Credits earned through this program also are transferable to many colleges and universities in the United States. Students should check with the Admission Office of specific colleges for policies regarding transfer of credit.
- College credits earned while in high school may shorten the time needed to earn a college degree.
- The nominal $100 tuition fee ($250 if the course is taken on the Jersey City Campus) provides a significant financial savings for students and their families. The regular cost of a three-credit course at Saint Peter’s University is approximately $2,600.
For more information go to www.saintpeters.edu and follow the links to Academics, Traditional Undergraduate, and Special Programs.